With His Eminence Archbishop Benjamin’s blessing, we are excited to announce a $75,000 matching grant for our church building project at Archangel Gabriel Orthodox Church in Ashland, OR! From now until Pascha, every donation is met, dollar-for-dollar, up to $75K, and all of this money will go toward the site work on our church property.
It is an exciting and encouraging time of our building project! Since 2013 we have had several milestone events.
- We have been able to find and purchase a beautiful piece if property (around 7 acres) right on I-5 outside of Ashland, OR.
- We have worked with local architects, engineers and consultants to complete the construction documents for our new church.
- Archbishop Benjamin has planted a cross and the cornerstone, and blessed the commencement of the project.
- We have started to develop the property, installing irrigation lines, planting trees and building a perimeter fence.
- By the grace of God we have raised over $800K since commencing the project. Most of that has been spent on buying and developing the property, working with architects and engineers, and securing our plans with the county. That vast majority of this has been raised from within our mission church.
- We have been approved to have a cemetery on the property, conditional upon us building the church.
- We are getting ready to break ground, by extending and hooking up to the sewer line.
Our current fundraising goal (before we start raising money for the actual construction) is $300,000 for the site work. This will prepare our beautiful parcel for construction, and includes driveways, parking lots, excavation, grading, and structural rocks for the temple site.
We would love for you to participate in this holy endeavor! As stated above, this is a good time to donate, as every dollar you give is doubled. If so inclined you may send your donations to:
Archangel Gabriel Orthodox Church
PO Box 823
Ashland, OR 97520
You can also donate electronically here.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected].
Fr. Andreas Blom and the parish of Archangel Gabriel